2500 Years of Irianian History needs Translation

Pre Islamic Era (before 651 AD). 8000 years of Persian History, the oldest civilization in the world.

Moderator: Club Operations

2500 Years of Irianian History needs Translation

Postby IPC » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:53 am

Subject: 2500 Years of Irianian History
Date: 1/5/2005 9:58:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time
To: IranPoliticsClub@aol.com

To whom it may concern:
Â
My name is Reza Baniahmad, son of Ahmad Baniahmad. You may have heard of him he was one of the greatest Iranian Historian. One of his books that was written for the celebration of 2500 years of Iranian kingdom is called 2500 Years of Iranian History, it is one of a kind book. I have the only copy in public circulation, all the other copies are at private libraries when they were handed out to the heads of states and representatives from all over the world that came to the celebration back in 1972 I believe. I would like to have this book and some of his other works to be translated and published in order to educate the world about our history and culture. If you or know any one that would be interested to look at this project and see it to completion, please contact me by responding to this e-mail and I'll be more than happy to provide you with more information and documentation to start the process.

Best Regards
Reza Baniahmad
Last edited by IPC on Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IPC
General
General

Postby Liberator » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:32 am

Brilliant idea!

I hope that our compatriots can help this fellow countryman in translating and publishing this valuable pieace of literature.

Ba Sepaas
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -J.F.K
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby IPC » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:55 pm

Dear Liberator:

Ahmad Baniahmad was one of Iran's greatest historians and it is great that his son Reza, a lover of history, wants to see this project through. The best candidates in mind are Dr.X and Anahita Persia. They are both historians and fluent translators/scholars and they are both fluent in a number of different languages. Unfortunately, both are not available to see project through. Dr. X is presently absent for duty and when he returns, there are many other projects for him to attend. As far as translation projects goes, we believe his first priority will be to translate "Ctesiphone in smoke, fire and blood" by Dr. Aryamanesh. Anahita Persia is at the present time out of the picture. She is fully occupied with university and her private life.

We are hoping for other scholars to take over this project. There are a few other qualified historians/translators that we hope, they read this post and see this project through. It is a shame to not find someone qualified with availability to see this project through and let the history enthusiasts to learn and enjoy the valuable work of Baniahmad.

We salute Baniahmad as a great nationalist and scholar

Regards,

IPC Office
IPC
General
General

Return to Persian Empire Room