Nations in Iran

Everything you need to know about Iran. Information on Nowruz, Chahar Shanbe Suri, Sizdah Be Dar, Mehregan, Yalda, Tirgan, Sadeh & other Persian Celebrations, Traditions & Culture. Post photos & information about Iran. Discuss Persian Culture & Language.

Moderator: Club Operations

Nations in Iran

Postby Maday » Fri May 12, 2006 10:20 pm

Hi people,

sorry for my very very bad english. [-o<
i have a question : how many Kurds,Persians,Turks,Arabs,Turkmens and Semnanies live in Iran ? The majority nation in Tehran are Turks or Persians ?
If anyone have a ethnic mapS of Iran,pls,post here...
byyyyyy
Demokrasi ! Demokrasi ! Demokrasi !
Maday
Private

Postby IPC » Fri May 12, 2006 11:22 pm

Hello Azeri Friend :D
Keyfi Yakhchidi?

How is the weather in Baku?
Azeris are Iranian people. We are the same.
Don't worry your English is fine, just keep practicing.
The information you needed:

Iran

Ethnicities
Kurd 7%
Arab 3%
Lur 2%
Baluch 2%
Turkmen 2%
other 1%

Languages/Dialects
Luri 2%
Baluchi 1%
Arabic 1%
Turkish 1%
other 2%

Large Cities
3. Esfahan ------ 1,362,300 ------ 2,593,100
4. Tabriz ------ 1,210,600 ------ 1,210,600
5. Shiraz ------ 1,158,500 ------ 1,158,500
6. Ahvaz ------ 973,600 ------ 973,600
7. Qom ------ 893,500 ------ 893,500
8. Kermanshah ------ 771,400 ------ 771,400
9. Zahedan ------ 509,300 ------ 509,300
10. Orumiyeh ------ 482,600 ------ 482,600

Tehran's Population

Ethnic Map of Iran

Large Ethnic Map of Iran --- Click to view
(Too Large to display. It will stretch the width of the page)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... eoples.jpg

Sources

CIA
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/

Mongabay
http://www.mongabay.com

Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/

Cheers

Catayoun Afshar (CA)
IPC Office
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (English)
Pendare Nik, Goftare Nik, Kerdare Nik (Modern Persian)
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta (Avestan Persian)
IPC
General
General

Postby Maday » Sat May 13, 2006 1:17 am

Hello Tat friend, :D
but i am not Azeri,i am a Turk.
keyfim yaxşıdır,sağ ol,senin keyfin necedir ?
who are Azeris ? and where they are live ? and how many they ?
i have a different statistik information about iran.

Kurdish, Central [ckb] 3,250,000 in Iran.

Kurdish, Northern [kmr] 350,000 in Iran (1988 Stanzer).

Kurdish, Southern [sdh] 3,000,000 in Iran (2000 Fattah).

Laki [lki] 1,000,000 (2002 Fattah). Classification: Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Northwestern, Kurdish

All Kurds in Ä°ran-7.6 mln.
All people Ä°ran-67.5 mln.

Farsi, Western [color=red][pes] 22,000,000 in Iran (1997). [/color]

All persians in Ä°ran-22 mln.
Al people Ä°ran-67.5 mln.

Azerbaijani, South [azb] 23,500,000 in Iran (1997). Population includes 290,000 Afshar, 5,000 Aynallu, 7,500 Baharlu, 1,000 Moqaddam, 3,500 Nafar 1,000 Pishagchi, 3,000 Qajar, 2,000 Qaragozlu, 130,000 Shahsavani (1993).

Khalaj, Turkic [klj] 42,107 (2000 WCD). Northeast of Arak in Central Province. Alternate names: Khalaj. Dialects: Not a dialect of Azerbaijani, as previously supposed. An independent language distinct from other extant Turkish languages (Doerfer 1971). Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Azerbaijani

Khorasani Turkish [kmz] 400,000 (1977 Doerfer). Northeast Iran, in the northern part of Khorasan Province, especially northwest of Mashhad.

Qashqa'i [qxq] 1,500,000 (1997). Southwestern Iran, Fars Province and Southern Kohgiluyeh va Boyerahmad Province. Shiraz, Gachsaran, and Firuzabad are centers. Alternate names: Qashqay, Qashqai, Kashkai. Dialects: Very close to Azerbaijani. Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Azerbaijani

All Azerbaijani Turks in Ä°ran-25.4 mln.
All people Ä°ran-67.5 mln.

Arabic, Gulf Spoken [afb] 200,000 in Iran (1993). Southern coast; Khamseh nomads live in eastern Fars Province; other Arab nomadic groups in several southcentral provinces of Iran. Alternate names: Khaliji, Gulf Arabic. Dialects: Al-Hasâ, Khamseh. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic

Arabic, Mesopotamian Spoken [acm] 1,200,000 in Iran. Khuzestan Province, southwest side of Zagros Mountains, along the bank of the Shatt al Arab. Alternate names: Mesopotamian Gelet Arabic, `Arabi, Arabi. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic

All Arabs in Ä°ran-1.4 mln (now they must be more than 1.7 mln)
All people Ä°ran-67.5 mln

Turkmen [tuk] 2,000,000 in Iran (1997). Northeast, mainly in Mazanderan Province, along the Turkmenistan border; important centers are Gonbad-e Kavus and Pahlavi Dezh. Alternate names: Torkomani. Dialects: Anauli, Khasarli, Nerezim, Nokhurli (Nohur), Chavdur, Esari (Esary), Goklen (Goklan), Salyr, Saryq, Teke (Tekke), Yomud (Yomut), Trukmen. Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Turkmenian

All Turkmens in Iran-2 mln.
All people Iran-67.5 mln.

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IR
Last edited by Maday on Fri May 19, 2006 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maday
Private

Postby Maday » Sat May 13, 2006 1:40 am

Iran/Azerbaijan Statistics Map
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9999/gneyaz601rbaycandatrkl601rinsa.gif

Dear Friend:

The map was too large and stretching the page, making it too hard to read, so we linked it.

IPC Office
Maday
Private

Postby IPC » Mon May 15, 2006 7:42 am

Hello

First of:
Azeri are people who live in Azerbaijan. They are Aryan and Iranian. They speak Turkish because of Turkish historical occupations.

Turks are people who live in Turkey. Majority are non Aryan and they speak Turkish.

Azeris are not Turks. Azerbaijan (External) is a fabricated nation by Ottoman Turks and occupied/annexed by Russian. It is not a real country. It was and it will be a part of Iran.

So if you are Azeri and you call yourself a Turk, then you are in denial!
But if you are a Turkish immigrant to Azerbaijan, then you are a Turk.

Second:
The sites I quoted from (CIA, Mongabay, Wikipedia) are famous international accurate reference sites.
The site you quoted from is a "No One Knows" Turkish propaganda site!

Third:
I am an "Afshar" and from an old sect of "Qezelbash" Azeris. I am from the Azeri branch of Afshar Dynasty whom were originated from Turkmenistan. As you must know, my family was one of the ruling families of Iran that produced great Shahs like "Nader Shah Afshar" aka The Iranian Napoleon or The Iranian Military genius. I am an Azeri and I don't call myself a Turk! Before I am an Azeri, I am an Iranian. All Azeris are Iranian (External or Internal Azerbaijan). So let us not twist the history and truth.

So now, you need to decide if you are an Azeri Iranian or are you a Ottoman Turk?
If I was like you, living in Azerbaijan, then I would have stick with being Iranian, because soon or late, when we end the reign of IRI and establish a government of LAW in Iran; next thing will be to end Turkish influence in north west region of Iran.

My ancestor, Nader Shah Afshar kicked Ottoman Turkish Ass so good; we will do the same in tomorrow's Nationalist Iran. Iran will rule the region and Turks will be whooped silly. So stick with being an Iranian. Iran ruled and Iran will be ruling again. Iran will rise again. Iran Kicks Ass!

cheers

CA
IPC
General
General

Postby Maday » Fri May 19, 2006 11:14 pm

IPC wrote:Hello

First of:
Azeri are people who live in Azerbaijan.

in Azerbaijan does not live "azeri" people.in north Azerbaijan live Turks(Azerbaijani Turks),russians,armenians,Tatar Turks and other peoples,in South Azerbaijan live Turks(Azerbaijani Turks),kurds,persians and other peoples.

They are Aryan and Iranian. They speak Turkish because of Turkish historical occupations.

if any people speak Turkish language,they are Turks,if they speak persians they are persians.If azeriz speaks Turkic language(i dont know who are azeris,because in our country does not live azeri mazeri) they are Turks.

Turks are people who live in Turkey. Majority are non Aryan and they speak Turkish.

till the 1930th years we(Azerbaijani Turks) in north Azerbaijan officially called Turks ! and now in south Azerbaijan our nation called themselves TURK !

Azerbaijan (External) is a fabricated nation by Ottoman Turks and occupied/annexed by Russian. It is not a real country. It was and it will be a part of Iran.

Azerbaijan is Independent country,it is our country ! why you persians wants our Turkish teretories ? you persians have your own country !

But if you are a Turkish immigrant to Azerbaijan, then you are a Turk.

i am not immigrant it is my country !

The site you quoted from is a "No One Knows" Turkish propaganda site!

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IR is not Turkish site !

I am an "Afshar"

your not Afshar ! you persian !

Nader Shah Afshar

Nadir Shah Afshar was TURK !

why yo persians are so rasist ? why you called us aryan,iranian ? we are not aryans or iranian people or azeri mazeri !
WE ARE TURKS ! WE HAVE LANGUAGE ! WE HAVE CULTURE ! WE HAVE NAME ! WE ARE TURKS !
Maday
Private

Postby Liberator » Sat May 20, 2006 8:05 am

Torke Khar-jaan,

Now from which mental insititute did you escape from?! Someone please restrain him, he's gone mad in the IPC Culture Room (!) where some of our nation's most valuable artifacts are kept!

Torke Khar pay attention to this post by Azarmehr who is a pure Iranian Azeri: http://azarmehr.blogspot.com/2006/05/pe ... nsult.html

Especially the link you can find there which is: http://azarmehr.blogspot.com/2006/01/gu ... addle.html

It seems that you and your Torke Khar friends have tried to stir up some commotion there as well.

Torke Khar, don't come in here and speak some SHIITE about wanting to tear Iran apart - if you so much as dare put your foot in Iranian Azerbaijan and utter these words, Iranian Azeris will be the first ones to tear you to bits. What damage will your Turkish "Grey Wolf" be able to inflict on the Iranian Lion? Iranian Azeri's will tear you apart. Iranian Azeri's are IRANIAN who have a turkified language due to turkish influence in that area of Iran during a period of time in history.

Torke Khar, this is what I wrote at the end of that link I provided you with:

I'm part Azeri and my loyalty will ALWAYS be towards my motherland Iran.

If some TORKE KHAR wants to come to Azerbaijan and create trouble he will be squashed and defeated.

Iranian Azeri's are NOT Turks but as Azarmehr has pointed out, a thousand times, have a turkified language. Having a turkified language DOES NOT mean that the people are Turks, only an IDIOT would say so.

PAN-TURANISTS PAY ATTENTION:

The province of Azarabadegan is an integral part of Iran, it's the crown of Iran if you may, and the KIANI crown of Iran WILL NEVER be seperated from its body -Iran. Your wet dreams of claiming Iranian Azarabadegan as yours are just that WET DREAMS. And if you ever dare attack Iranian soil, Iranian Azeri's will be the first to confront you and protect Iran as they have in the past.

Now just as a last statement I have nothing against SANE Turks but these IDIOT PAN-TURANISTS are really a low bunch. But their activities sure does raise the patriotism of Iranian Azeri's such as myself towards my motherland Iran!

Yashasin Iran!
Yashasin Azarabadegan!

Torke Khar, if an Iranian refers to himself/herself as "Tork" it's because he is ignornat and doesn't know his/her history well. This doesn't mean he is a Turk. After the fall of the 2nd Arabo-Muslim Invasion we will make sure that Iranians know who they were and who they are.

Torke Khar, take some time and read some academic texts rather than listening to other Torke Khar's. Start with this one:

http://www.rozanehmagazine.com/NoveDec0 ... ict%5D.pdf

Torke khar, Azerbaijan has been an integral part of Iran since thousands of years - and here I do not mean the current Iranian province of Azerbaijan but I mean THE COMPLETE PROVINCE OF AZERBAIJAN which includes the territory north of the Aras river. Azerbaijan was lost during incompetent Qajar rule - The Treaty of Golestan 1813 was a complete disaster for Iran! Read about WHAT the Treaty of Golestan was here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Golestan

Torke Khar, this led to northern part of the Iranian province of Azerbaijan felling into the hands of Imperial Russia.

Torke Khar, the fictious "Republic of Azerbaijan" was first created in 1918 to dissassociate itself from Russia!!

Torke Khar, don't take my reference to you as a racist comment; every nation has donkey's, even in Iran we have donkey's like you, in this case you just happen to be a Turkish one.

Bye bye Torkeh Khar, don't have too many wet dreams about IRAN or specifically about the Iranian Province of Azerbaijan. "Northern Azerbaijan" will one day join Iran. That's when you'll have to pack your bags and leave for Istanbul where you can continue your mission to invade Iranian territory.

Now off you go to Istanbul, it's a long way so get started...I hope all this information that you've got isn't too much of a burden for you to carry back home...

Ba Sepaas
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -J.F.K
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby IPC » Sat May 20, 2006 9:27 am

To: Abgushti Guzbashi Buzbash aka Turkzadeh

I had to get my own ID and account to respond to Turkzadeh but didn't have time! So I use the IPC account.

Turkzadeh Qeshqeleq be pa kardi! =D>

This stuff is great. Members please learn your new history,

History according to Turkzadeh

Afshar Dynasty were Turks.
Nader Shah Afshar was Turk.
Nader, the Great Persian Emperor whom extended the Iranian borders almost to the point of Sassanid period and revived the Persian Empire, was a Turk!
We were always wrong. The Iranian Napoleon was a Turk and part of the Turkish History!

Nader had a history of eye gouging, dismembering and owning a very Hot temper. Nader was the nightmare of Ottoman Turks and Turkestani Sultanates of Troxiana (Mavara-ol Nahr) around Seyhun and Jeyhun rivers. He spent a lifetime keeping the Turks at the bay and away from Iran. Nader did not allow Iran to become Turkestan!

Nader Shah Afshar was Turk!
I wonder what Nader would say or do, if he was alive and this Turkzadeh would say this statement to his face?

Galan Gadan Pokh Yeer!
Po sag sahabi Turki Khaen!
Nader to ro Gheimah Gheimah sanin! Salakhi sanin!
Tof be ruye Turkzadeh, po Turkzadeh, po jad o abadi, po sag sahabi, po Turkzadeh ........
"Azeri Mazari" ha Dayus?
Turkzadeh Badbakhti Turki Istanboli, po jad o abadi...........
Bi liyaghati Turkzadeh!

Then I guess Kharazmshahid, Samanid, Safavid, Qajar Dynasties were also Turks!

Dear Turkzadeh,

You forget one important fact.

Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia, Ossetia, parts of Kazakhstan, parts of Russia, etc. until couple hundred years ago, were states of Iran. All of them were states of Iran for thousands and thousands of years. Russians, British and Ottoman Turks fabricated these fake nations.

Azerbaijan is an Iranian word (Atropategan aka Azar-Abadegan). I don't know about you but Azeris are Iranian. You could be an Ottoman Turk or a Mongol Turk but Azeris are Iranian.

Go read:

A vision for Iran of Tomorrow (Nationalism)
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/club/viewtopic.php?t=483

Pan-Turanism Takes Aim At Azerbaijan
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/club/viewtopic.php?t=661

Pan Iranism and Islam (Pan Arabism)
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/club/viewtopic.php?t=897

Final Words:

Lib and myself are Azeri but we don't know about you? You could be an Ottoman Turk or a Mongol Turk but Azeris are Iranian.

Azeris have their own language, culture, music, etc. but they are one ethnic group of Iran. Word Azerbaijan is an Iranian word. Azeri celebrations are Iranian (Nowrouz, Chahar Shanbeh Souri, etc.). Azeri culture is part of Iranian culture. You could be a Turk Agent but the WHOLE CAUCASUS are IRANIAN and ALL Iranian people will and must return to mother Iran.

We promise you they will.

This is not Racism, this is a FACT.

Catayoun Afshar
Iranian Azeri
IPC
General
General

Postby Liberator » Sat May 20, 2006 10:44 am

Catayoun-jaan,

Please don't call this Torke Khar as "Turkzadeh". We have a noble and patriotic IRANIAN whose surname is Turkzadeh and he would never have anything to do with these Pan-Turanist donkey's. See here for yourself:

http://www.iranpoliticsclub.net/club/vi ... .php?t=998

Once a Torke Khar always a Torke Khar.

Long Live Iran!
Long Live Iranian Azeri's!

Ba Sepaas
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -J.F.K
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby Maday » Sun May 21, 2006 3:03 am

menim deyersiz tat uzunqulaqlarım :D
necesiniz ? yaxşısınızmı ?

WE ARE TURKS ! NOT IRANIANS ! NOT PERSIANS ! NOT AZERI MAZERI !

WE ARE TURK !!!
LIVE LONG AZERBAIJAN !!!
Maday
Private

Postby Liberator » Sun May 21, 2006 6:12 am

Maday wrote:WE ARE DONKEY'S ! NOT IRANIANS ! NOT PERSIANS ! NOT AZERI MAZERI !

WE ARE DONKEY !!!
LIVE LONG DONKEY-STAN !!!

Last words of Torke Khar, 2006.

I'm sorry to inform the community that our Torke Khar friend was never able to make it back to Istanbul. The information that he received in this thread was just too much baggage for him to carry back to Istanbul...he had never received such large chunks of information to carry anywhere yet alone try to process it... his last words can be found in the above quote.

Rest In Pieace In Donkey Heaven

Ba Sepaas
Last edited by Liberator on Sun May 21, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby Amir » Sun May 21, 2006 7:14 pm

First of all, L, those pictures are funny, funny, funny. I busted up laughing for five minutes before actually writing this.

Second of all, what the hell is going on here? What’s going on with IPC? IPC is under attack by morons and idiots! Every two-bit retard with a modem and a keyboard is logging on and discharging filth in this place. People come to this place to learn and increase their awareness. However, if this kind of crap continues, those who came here to learn something will leave with half information and half gibberish. We need to try harder to weed out the garbage from the real information.

Since when did IPC become a shit magnet? All the freaks are showing up here when the sun goes down.

The freaks come out at night…
The freaks come out at night…(nice song, and very true).

First a Worrywart shows up and flaunts his idiocy, then a Maday character comes in and airs his garbage. What’s happening to IPC? We must save it, people!

Maday entered with what appeared a general inquisitive and humble attitude, and quickly deteriorated into an ignorant hothead. He comes in asking questions, then gets pissed off because the answer and the truth are not to his liking. CA, I bet you regretted wasting your time preparing that thoughtful and comprehensive initial response to someone whom later did not appreciate your efforts. It must feel like you tried to feed a starving dog, only to have that dog growl and bite the hand that offered it food. However, please realize that although that ungrateful dog did not appreciate your efforts, the rest of us certainly do appreciate it. That info is very helpful and educational, and other members will be able to benefit from it. So thanks.

I’m curious…if Maday gets upset by Iranian culture, rights, and heritage, and is a Turk with no loyalties to Iran, then what is he doing in here? This is not TPC (Turkish Politics Club). Did he get lost on his way to another forum? As the Good Samaritan that I am, I’ll provide him with proper directions:

Walk out, don’t let the door hit you on the butt as you exit, hang the first left, go about five hundred miles until you see the “donkeys only beyond this pointâ€
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Liberator » Sun May 21, 2006 8:13 pm

Torke Khar-jaan,

I got carried away responding to your shiite that I didn't even notice the title you had made for this thread:

"Nations in Iran"

Torke-Khar, Iran does not have nations within it, IT IS ONE nation, with different people of Iranian background inhabiting it (Kurd, Azeri, Mazandarani, Lor, Baloch...)! ](*,)

Now off you go following the directions that Amir has been kind enough to write up for you.

Ba Sepaas
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby Qambujiye » Tue May 30, 2006 12:34 pm

Some Ghater from Ankara in IPC wrote that Nader was Turkish. For everyone's informations. Afsharid's origin was Turkmen, but being from Turkmenistan and Troxiana, doesn't mean one is a Oriental Non Aryan! Afsharid were an Aryan Tribe who moved from Troxiana to Iran. In Iran, they branched out to two factions. One went to Azerbaijan and one went to Khorasan. The ones in Azerbaijan became CA's ancestors because she is a Afshar. I am not a Afshar, but I am Khorasani and Torbat Heydari.

I consider myself Parthian, Khorasani, and son of Nader. Nader is pride of Khorasan. Afsharid Dynastybase was Khorasan. Nader was a Khorasani. We are Parthian and Khorasani.

So to that Turkish Gusaleh and for his information and for everyone's information. Nader and Afsharid Dynasty were Khorasani and from Khorasan. Nader was a Parthian not a Turk.

Q
Freedom doesn't come cheap,
Freedom comes with Blood.
Qambujiye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Iran: Country, People, Festivals, Culture & Language Room