Persian or Arabian gulf

News, Commentaries & Political Discussions on Middle East & the World

Moderator: Club Operations

Persian or Arabian gulf

Postby iranazadbad » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:00 pm

As you may know, Iran may not join the next Asian game in Doha Qatar if the host country continue using the term Arabian gulf instead of Persian gulf. The 2005 Atals map is showing the name for this stait of water as "Persions gulf (Arabian gulf)."
Now, I have a little problem with all this. First, with the exception of a hunderd thousand or more persians (parsis) in India and elewhere, there are no persians left. Certainly an Iranian can not claim to be Persain given its history of domination by Romans, Greecs, Arabs, Moghls... For goodness sake, majority of Iranins have selected Arab heros as their spiritual and mental masters. So, I am not sure why there are so much emphasis on this by the Islamic government in Iran.
Fuck it, since we have lost everything else why not this fucker too. Arabian gulf it is.
Maybe we should call it the Islamic gulf!!
It is a shame that Iran's bests are all in history, while the most important topic should always be the future.
iranazadbad
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Irani » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:41 am

What are you yapping about? is this a joke?
Irani
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby iranazadbad » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:32 pm

Irani,
Unfortunatley, everything about Iran these days is a joke. Have you seen the leaders lately? I bet you the forign leaders laugh their ass off eveytime they meet with Akhoonds.
The case of National Geographic referring to the Persian Gulf with Arabian gulf in () is true. Iran is also stating that it may not attend the Asian Games in Doha.
The rest is yapping as I am just too tired of all the fucking destruction this bunch of sob's have doen to the country. Why not changing the name for the gulf as well.
iranazadbad
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Irani » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:21 am

iranazadbad wrote:Irani,
Unfortunatley, everything about Iran these days is a joke. Have you seen the leaders lately?

The leaders are a joke, they are not "everything about Iran"

I bet you the forign leaders laugh their ass off eveytime they meet with Akhoonds.

Yep, but why should we care? who cares about mullahs? let them laugh their asses of, Iranians also laugh their asses of.

The case of National Geographic referring to the Persian Gulf with Arabian gulf in () is true.

Look, if you are going to justify the arabian gulf by saying that Iranians are no longer Persians and that mullahs has destroyed us, dont. save yourself.

Iran is also stating that it may not attend the Asian Games in Doha.

Yeah, why should Iran attend if it is under the name of the arabian gulf?

The rest is yapping as I am just too tired of all the fucking destruction this bunch of sob's have doen to the country. Why not changing the name for the gulf as well.

"The gulf as well"? what other names have they changed? well exept the street names...
Dont exaggerate it what they have done can easily be undone.

Oh and if you care... they removed the name arabian gulf,
http://mapmachine.nationalgeographic.co ... meId=p7700 [/quote]
Last edited by Irani on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irani
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby iranazadbad » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:55 pm

"Dont exaggerate it what they have done can easily be undone"

Irani, as my grandma used to say "khoda az zaboonet beshnaveh."
The last time this bounch were rulling they control the country for I tgink 500 years and they gave us the Shiite religion. Good luck changing that buddy !!
I would like to share your optimisim for some positive change in Iran. However, the history tell us that our best has been behind us. It seems that with the fall of Sassanid the country has been degressing century after century.
Anyway, Like any other Iranian I would like to be proud of where I come from and who my people are. This is a very natural tendency. However, the shortcomings will not be erased by just denying them, they need to be faced and talked about. Iranian culture for the last 1400 years has been governed by lies imposed by fear. It would take decades if not centuries of free thinking and participation to change that.

......It is titled, cryptically, "Ketman." "Ketman" is a term from ancient Persia, brought to Milosz's attention by Arthur Gobineau's book Religions and Philosophies of Central Asia. (Gobineau, now rather despised for his ethno-theories, was a senior French diplomat in Tehran for many years of the mid-19th century.) He had noticed that the dissidents in Persia, long accustomed to theocratic tyranny, had evolved a style of their own. As Milosz had himself observed about intellectuals under totalitarianism, the need for survival often involved more than just keeping your mouth shut. Tough moments could often arise where you had to make positive, public affirmations of loyalty and even enthusiasm. So with the oldest form of oppression known to the mind: that of religion. As Gobineau had phrased it:

"There are occasions when silence no longer suffices, when it may pass as an avowal. Then one must not hesitate. Not only must one deny one's true opinion, but one is commanded to resort to all ruses in order to deceive one's adversary. One makes all the protestations of faith than can please him, one performs all the rites one recognizes to be the most vain, one falsifies one's own books, one exhausts all possible means of deceit. "

The Captive Mind Now
By Christopher Hitchens

iranazadbad
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Middle East & the World Room