Ted Koppel Iran Special

News, Commentaries & Political Discussions on Iran

Moderators: Club Operations, Web Operations, Political Operations

Ted Koppel Iran Special

Postby Ahreeman X » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:41 pm

Ted Koppel Iran Special

Ted Koppel went to Iran and recorded a special on Iran for Discovery Channel with interviews with:

Iranian Hezbollah
Iranian Fundamentalists
Iranian Reformists
Iranian Youth
Iranian Heavy Metal Crowd
Iranian Rapers
Etc.

Iranians Speak on US-Iran Relations

Don’t miss it

Premiers on Sunday November 19th 9PM Pacific and Eastern Time

Check it out:

Koppel on Iran
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/koppel/koppel.html
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby Liberator » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:50 am

As a fellow compatriot said regarding this:

"PRO ISLAMIC REPUBLIC COMMENTARY (NOT DOCUMENTARY) done in the guise of opposing Bush the idiot

You might not agree with the latter part but the first part is CORRECT.

As for my reply regarding this IRI COMMENTARY by DISCOVERY!

I've already had a look at previews of this programme on their website. It's based on halftruth's and deceit. 70% deceit and 30% half-truths.

Amongst the distinguished "guests" on this programme will be honorable islamist killer and representative of the khomeinist revolution portrayed by CBS as "freedom fighter" MR Ebrahim Yazdi! Do I really need to go into this FILTHY SOB's past or have you all got it by now!?

Next in line to discuss freedom in Iran is Haj-Khanoom Masoomeh EbteKIR! Also referred to as "Bloody Mary"! The ideal person to speak to regarding freedom in Iran! She speaks english with perfect american accent and will sit well with the average liberal and un-knowing joe's in America and elsewhere. She speaks with such sweet words of her "religious democracy" (first of all that's an oxymoron and secondly she's referring to her filthy and savage Islamic Republic)...

Then the usual guests like former friends of President AN, a hezbe baad journalist, a non-political blogger, and a few kids on the streets in Esfehan.

This "documentary" cannot be less representative of the truth! Just look at the line-up! Watch this documentary and you'll tell yourself "hey Iran isn't that bad of a place!".

Instead of talking to the workers who suffer under this regime the media interviews their oppressors!

Instead of talking to students they go to IRI appointed officials like that newly appointed Mullah-Chancellor of Tehran University!

Instead of speaking to freedom-fighters they speak to Revolutionary/Guards/Police/Basij!

Can you see how they do not represent the truth!?
The only truthful and objective documentary i've seen in the past YEARS is that done by Jane Kokan for PBS Canada? the one where she reports on Zahra Kazemi's death, meets with dissidents etc.

BTW I didn't see any "Iranian Rapers". But it wouldn't come as a surpise if they interviewed RAPISTS on democracy in Iran as well \:D/
This IRI COMMENTARY (NOT DOCUMENTARY) is a disgrace to the truth.

Ba Sepaas
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -J.F.K
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby Liberator » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:54 am

X-man decided to take a trip to the Monarchy vs Republic thread with this! ](*,)

http://www.iranpoliticsclub.net/club/vi ... &start=105

But i'm bringing this topic back to where it belongs! :cop:

Here's what an honorable compatriot has to say on this:

It turned out to be a PROPAGANDA piece aimed at the US population, preparing them for the well planned change in its apparent policy.

There were no interviews or mentions of political prisoners, torture and executions.

It was made to show Islamic Republic as no danger to anyone. A democracy in the making that allows its ONLY opposition, Yazdi and Ganji, to be interviewed by Americans.

It also showed that the chant (marg bar Amrika) is only a chant and no one means it, they all love America and would love to get a visa from Mr. Koppel! This part is of course true.

Also it seems that Ted Koppel and HIS PERSPECTIVE on Iran IRI COMMENTARY tried to portray the ancient Iranian warrior tradition -Zoorkhaneh- as something created by Ali Sagkosh and Hussein Tazi in Karbala!

And that's the truthful, honest, and unbiased news you will receive from the liberal MSM (main-stream-media) nowadays!

Ba Sepaas
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -J.F.K
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby Edelge » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:44 pm

I saw the documentary. I think that Mr. Kopol is a genius. He did manage to undo the negative misconceptions associated with Islamic Republic of Iran. He showed that even an American Jew can exercise free speech in today’s free Iran, absent of any fear from Savak and un-pleasantries associated with selecting Coka-Kola, Pepsi-Kola, or Osso for royal treatment!
Edelge
Corporal
Corporal

Postby A Username » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:46 pm

Edelge wrote:He showed that even an American Jew can exercise free speech in today’s free Iran,

Yes, when the Jewboy is interviewing IRI supporters and not the opposition.
A Username
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby A Username » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:01 pm

Democracy doesn't mean unanimous consent of the governed, fag.

(Waits for next great photoshop masterpiece)
A Username
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Edelge » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:53 pm

In that case, I say that Iran has come far from the Shah's days when U had to bend over and kiss royal toes and if lucky only royals index fingers or otherwise anonymously concede to placement of Coka Cola bottle in your hospitable anus!

May ZOLFAGARE Ali Pot on your Rough, Lib:
Edelge
Corporal
Corporal

[hijack]

Postby A Username » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:31 am

or otherwise anonymously concede to placement of Coka Cola bottle in your hospitable anus!

And that's all that you hadji scum deserve.

Now post something stupid and entertain me.
Last edited by A Username on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Username
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Edelge » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:12 pm

Oh ye? Let your picture do the talking, Dick What:
Edelge
Corporal
Corporal

Postby A Username » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:25 am

Edelge's rotten brain cells wrote:lol shah/savak = donkey, please ban me

[/hijack]
A Username