Is it creation or evolution!

Science vs. Faith / Materialism vs. Idealism: How has everything started to exist, the fundamental question of philosophy!?

Moderator: Club Operations

Is it creation or evolution!

Postby maziar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Our universe is governed by a set of unchangeable laws, called law of nature. Whenever one proton and one neutron of like components meet, they will be attracted to each other, and immediately electron will join and an atom will be born. When several different atoms meet, a molecule will be formed.

For example when two atoms of hydrogen meet one atom of oxygen at the right temperature and atmospheric pressure, water is formed. If above circumstance accrue billions of times, water will be formed billions of times. It is the law of nature which no one is able to change, stop, or delay it, and do not need a creator. It is a set law of “matter”, it is an order set within matter.

The same law holds true in biological chemistry; when an “amine” (NH2), meets any carboxylic acid group such as (COOH), together, they will create “amino acid”, the essential component of the protein molecule that is the basic material for creating primitive microorganisms. The interaction of these primitive microorganisms will, in turn, create a new class of microorganisms that will be in a higher class with more capabilities. And eventually, after several stages of these kinds of interactions, which could take millions of years, a higher level of living organism will be born with a nucleus and capability of reproducing itself.

The above process is constantly occurring on this planet in our backyards, in the air, in the ocean, on the trees, in the sewers, in the river and in the sky. We witness this every single day throughout our lives.

Every living organism that exists on Earth, from amebas to humans, started from that very first stage and took billions of years to become what we see today.

Problem with creationists is their simplistic thinking that all living things were here the way we see them today.
Maziar Aptin
maziar
Private First Class
Private First Class

“Evolution of the Eye”

Postby maziar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:48 pm

“Evolution of the Eye”

A few weeks ago I wrote an article titled “Is it Creation or Evolution!” I recently received the latest issue of “Scientific American” magazine. In that; an article titled “Evolution of The Eye” attracted my attention. It was written by Trevor D. Lamb who is an investigator in the department of neuroscience at the John Curtin School of Medical Research and in the ARC Center of Excellence in Vision Science at Australian National University in Canberra. His research focuses on the rod cone photoreceptors of the vertebrate retina.

After reading the article, I was happy to see that his finding confirms my opinion about the evolution that; all living things, including humans, have started from microorganism billions of years ago.

We all know that the planet Earth was formed about 4.6 billion years ago. Trevor Lamb, in his article indicates and I quote;
“We humans have an unbroken line of ancestors stretching back nearly four billion years”.

Lamb continues:

“Around a billion years ago simple multicellular animals diverged into two groups: One had a radially symmetrical body plan (a top, side, and bottom side no front or back), and the other- which gave rise to most of the organisms we think of as animals- was bilaterally symmetrical, with left and right sides that are mirror images of one another and a head end. The bilateria themselves then diverged around 600 million years ago into two important groups: one that gave rise to the vast majority of today’s spineless creatures; or invertebrates, and one whose descendants include our own vertebrate linage. Soon after these two lineages parted ways, an amazing diversity of animal body plans proliferated- the so-called Cambrian Explosion that famously left its mark in the fossil record of around 540 million to 490 million years ago. This burst of evolution laid the groundwork for the emergence of our complex eye.”

To read the rest of Lamb’s article about “Evolution of the Eye” please refer to “Scientific American” July 2011 issue, page 64. You could go on their website; http://www.scientificamerican.com/

Thank you Maziar
Maziar Aptin
maziar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Atheism vs. Religion / Evolution vs. Creation Room