How difficult is it to learn Middle Parsi? Translations?

Classical & Modern poetry, rich Persian literature

Moderator: Club Operations

How difficult is it to learn Middle Parsi? Translations?

Postby PERSIANpugilist » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:28 pm

I am Iranian but my farsi is mediocre. I can communicate on a basic level, but I can not read nor write farsi. Recently, I found out about the greatness of Iran's history. I know it's a little late at 16, but I really want to learn how to read Middle Parsi for Ferdosi's Shahnameh and other works.

This summer, I am planning to visit Iran for some Iranian classes and to see my ancestors' land. My dad promised to help me until then(i.e. alphabet, clean up on pronunciation, and etc.). He'll then sign me up for a real farsi/parsi class in Iran for ~2 months. Do any of you have any recommendations for Iranian CDs, books, or etc. which could help my Iranian?

I've read a fair amount on this site (e.g. Ahreeman X's 8000 Years of Persian History), and I enjoy it immensely!

Besides this, what are some good translations on...

Shahnameh (are Dick Davis's translations good?)
Rumi (I know he was a Sufi Muslim... but at least they're not as bad as Shit-oops I mean Shii'te)

... or so forth; any more recommendations would be nice!
PERSIANpugilist
Private

Postby Ahreeman X » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:12 am

Greetings Young Persian Warrior :IRG: :

“I am Iranian but my farsi is mediocre. I can communicate on a basic level, but I can not read nor write farsi. Recently, I found out about the greatness of Iran's history. I know it's a little late at 16, but I really want to learn how to read Middle Parsi for Ferdosi's Shahnameh and other works. “

=D> I am sincerely proud of you. It is great to see youth such as you with deep passion for their root culture, while the average Iranian youth in exile listens to “Shahram-e Gay”, wears baggy pants, half way down their butt cracks, wears their hair in a Faggish Kakoli manner like a rooster, has a few tattoos of Eminim’s penis on their arms and wears a few piercings including but not limited to a nose ring, eyebrow ring and a Dick ring!

It is never late, you are only 16. You have a lifetime of searching for your glorious roots, ahead of you. Don’t get so uptight about “Persian Tazi Alphabet”, because soon or late, as we will free Iran, the alphabet will change to Latin. For more information,

Go to IPC Library => Read the “Persian Latin Standard” and the article “Why change alphabet to Latin”.

This site is created to move the Iranian Youth to go in the direction, which you are moving to. The best reward for my comrades and I, is to see youth like you is reading IPC.

My intention is to build the Youth’s Mindset. The only thing I care about is the youth (Future of Iran). I have given up on the old, long time ago! The old is no use to our struggle. You can’t teach the old dog, new tricks (well except jerking off)! :haji:

We are in the business of teaching “Persianhood” :teacher: . But you can’t teach “Persianhood” to the brain-dead Westoxicated youth :hippygirl: and the old farts infected with the Allahic Virus :ripcall: !

“This summer, I am planning to visit Iran for some Iranian classes and to see my ancestors' land. My dad promised to help me until then(i.e. alphabet, clean up on pronunciation, and etc.). He'll then sign me up for a real farsi/parsi class in Iran for ~2 months.”

Good move. :thumbsup:

“Do any of you have any recommendations for Iranian CDs, books, or etc. which could help my Iranian?”

Go to the IPC Homepage => Look at the left column => Click on the products => Read and Purchase

1 CD System and 1 Book
These are the best Proven methods and products.
(Because we sell the hell out of them)

“I've read a fair amount on this site (e.g. Ahreeman X's 8000 Years of Persian History), and I enjoy it immensely!”

My goal by writing these books are to jump-start a passion and fire in the hearts and minds of the youth in exile and inxile. IPC Website is the best propaganda tool for us to regain our cultural identity, so we can revive and regain our historical place in the world.

If you enjoyed reading the “8000 Years of Iranian History”, then I suggest for you to go to the IPC Library (English Library) and read the rest of my historical books. You will enjoy them.

“Besides this, what are some good translations on...

Shahnameh (are Dick Davis's translations good?)
Rumi (I know he was a Sufi Muslim... but at least they're not as bad as Shit-oops I mean Shii'te) “

Go to the IPC Homepage => Look at the left column, half way down the page => IPC Best Sellers List of Books => Click on the products => Read and Purchase

IPC Best Sellers List of Books, is updated every few week. This is the Persian version of the “New York Times Best Sellers List of Books”. These are the top 20 best sellers of IPC.

Let me be very frank with you. Iranian Authors and books are dime a dozen, but when a specific book, makes it in the IPC Top 20 Best Sellers, then this means:

a) We are selling the hell out of it.
b) Our readers like it.
c) Our readers are the “Thinking Iranians”, so the book is not Bull Shiite!

As long as your interest is Persian Poetry, as a matter of fact, right now in the top 20, there are a number of top Persian Books by the Masters (Latest Reviews on their works + Their Biographies + Their Poetry):

* Book of Hafez
* Rubbayiat of Omar Khayyam
* Book of Rumi
* Shahnameh Ferdowsi

These are the best versions. Why you ask? You got it: Because we sell the hell out of them!

“... or so forth; any more recommendations would be nice!”

Seems like you are a level headed and intelligent young man. You are only 16 years old and I can see you shine. While you are shining at 16, we have 26 years olds who are dumb as a log about their history, culture, language and most important their “Persianhood”.

My suggestion to you is to:

Read a page of IPC a day, it would keep the Bull Shiite away.

What are Bull Shiite, you asked?
Quran, Islamic Texts, Iranian Cheesy Televisions, Iranian Mainstream Tabloid Websites, other Bull Crap Ala Carte Iranian Cheesy Media and indeed artists such as “Shahram-e Gay”.

Educate yourself, cause simply Western Media won’t and surely Cheesy Iranian Media in Exile won’t!

Stay Real and Stay Strong :irannational:

You are on the right path. You are the Future of Iran. To educate your generation is the reason that we make so much sacrifices and we are fighting for. That’s what I’m talking about.

PS:
Eat a lot of Chelo Kabob in Iran, the best in the world! :kubideh:

More power to you and Iranian Youth with Brains :idea1:

:firedvl:
AX
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Return to Poetry & Literature Room