Storm Large Sings Persian Oldies Pop

Post Audio/Video Multimedia Clips here. News, Information, Samples & Discussions on Iranian Cinema a global art phenomenon, theatre, television, music MP3s, music video clips & sites. Issues on the wide range of Persian Classical, Traditional, Folk, New Age, Pop, Dance, Techno, Fusion, Rap, Rock, Blues & other types of Music. Discuss fashion & display models & celebrity images here.

Moderator: Club Operations

Re: Storm Large Sings Persian Oldies Pop

Postby Nicholas Ginex » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:10 am

Hello all !!

Many thanks to Dr, Ahreeman for giving us a wonderful view of a very impressive and talented singer.

The lovely Storm Large was like a singer I saw twice in the movies, his name - Al Jolson - for I never looked at the same movie twice. What was marvelous about Storm, was how she would project herself deeply into the intent of the song. Her movements were authentically her, and she stirred me by the way she flowed with the music.

Storm reminded me of Patti Page, a singer in my teens, who had a quality of voice as shown on the following link:
All My Love - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH1mhUT9S1I I liked and sang it many times,

Patti was a best-selling female artist of the 1950s, selling over 100 million records during a six-decade-long career. Take a look at some of her favorite songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZO3S5586OE

Another female I enjoyed, Peggy Lee and her song, Lover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWMm8VM8bn4

Getting back to Storm, I was captivated and look forward to listening to her many more times, especially when I need to refresh my mind and relax with beautiful music.

I congratulate the lovely women Atusa, CR, and Bita for recognizing and appreciating talent. Storm has had a difficult life from early youth and yet it was her talent that pulled her through much adversity. Every woman, like us men, should appreciate when a person makes use of the gifts within them. I shall keep the link for Storm Large and listen when I need to move into a relaxing mood and simply enjoy life.

Again, thank you Dr. X, you have increased the joys of my life.

Nicholas
Last edited by Nicholas Ginex on Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Philosophy
Student of Science
Writer of Untold
Seeker of Truth
Lover of Life

Future of God Amen
Nicholas Ginex Word Press
Nicholas Ginex Index at IPC
Nicholas Ginex
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Bita Qabus » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:07 am

What was marvelous about Storm, was how she would project herself deeply into the intent of the song. Her movements were authentically her, and she stirred me by the way she flowed with the music.

Bravo, fabulous observation by our local aerospace alien expert. Atusa and I likes her voice but Cat wrote this is not her cup of tea. So you and Atusa share my taste. What impressed me was how she could sing many styles of music by feeling the concepts of those specific styles and songs. When she sings a song, she puts herself in that era, that time, that place and that culture. Not many artists are able to do so. She is real not fake.

I learned to appreciate the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s jazz vocals from Doc. When we spent 3 years taking computer science courses with him, he didn’t only teach us computer science, but also history, philosophy, music and facts of life. We learned much from him. Some shots of those days are captured here. Good old times,

Ahreeman X and Students at the University – Part 2
https://iranpoliticsclub.net/photos/AX- ... /index.htm

Bita Qabus, the Private Life Album – Album 5
https://iranpoliticsclub.net/fashion-mo ... /index.htm

Doc has a grand collection of Music CDs, Records and Cassettes which many are out of print and collectable items. Of course Doc doesn’t lend any of his pieces to anyone, I guess that’s why he does own a great music collection!

Doc turned me on to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Lee Willy, Jo Stafford, Peggy Lee and naturally Nat King Cole. Who can forget Louis Prima and Keely Smith. Who knows Ink Spots Band? Doc does! Doc’s main beef is Blues but he also has a marvelous oldies, jazz and vocals collection. Of course today’s generation has no clue what we are speaking of! Well, some do.

I had no idea about the treasures of the 1930s to 1950s jazz vocals songs until Doc turned me on to them. I even got into Ballroom dancing. Doc opened brand new gates to his students.

You have good taste in music, nostalgia and art.

Been a pleasure
I am a thinker and an explorer.
Bita Qabus
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Nicholas Ginex » Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:10 pm

My Very Dear Bita,

I went to your links and thoroughly enjoyed the pictures of you and your very close friends. It was also nice to see a young Dr. Ahreeman. I can see that he truly enjoyed teaching. It is clear that you're an Actress, Singer and Dancer as confirmed by your performance in the “Wild Cats.” I must say you look like a true Ginex with beautiful lips, eyes and smile. I think somehow, my ancestors left much DNA among the people of Iran. I am not of Persian decent, but I see a great resemblance, you in me, in the way you project your smiles.

Thank you for sharing a part of your life with me. Your beauty makes me feel young again. But your thoughtfulness to post precious links of your past and accomplishments gives me a feeling that I have made another friend in this world.

Your dedication to make a better world for all women is like the contribution I made in writing Allah, We, Our and Us. It was through that book that I met Dr, X on the Internet. I asked him if I could use the photo of an Iranian woman about to be stoned to death as the front cover. From that point in my life, I have enjoyed a great friendship with the special Dr. X.

Bita, thank you for making my day, one I will not forget. The photos of your precious life will be remembered for they project life. May you have a wonderful life in this world even with its many problems. But its people like you, Dr. X, and the precious women like CR and Atusa, that make IPC a link with many gifts of enjoyment for the mind and the body.

You have made me feel love and I graciously love you.

Nicholas
Author of Philosophy
Student of Science
Writer of Untold
Seeker of Truth
Lover of Life

Future of God Amen
Nicholas Ginex Word Press
Nicholas Ginex Index at IPC
Nicholas Ginex
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Atusa Qajar » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:13 am

Doc wrote:

Storm Large becomes part of each song which she sings in a way that she sings, acts, moves, dances and floats with each piece according to its concept, time period, culture and language. She truly feels each melody!

Perfect picture of her performance :complimenti:
I am a Liberated Woman.
I am a Danger to Islam and Muslims.
Atusa Qajar
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Previous

Return to Multimedia, Cinema, Theatre, TV, Music & Models Room