Popularity of American music in Iran -- Bobby Darin

Post Audio/Video Multimedia Clips here. News, Information, Samples & Discussions on Iranian Cinema a global art phenomenon, theatre, television, music MP3s, music video clips & sites. Issues on the wide range of Persian Classical, Traditional, Folk, New Age, Pop, Dance, Techno, Fusion, Rap, Rock, Blues & other types of Music. Discuss fashion & display models & celebrity images here.

Moderator: Club Operations

Popularity of American music in Iran -- Bobby Darin

Postby vishtasp » Thu May 19, 2005 2:58 pm

First off, I would like to know if Kevin Spacey's film "Beyond the Sea" has been circulated in Iran, second, if Bobby Darin's music is known in Iran. Thanks! :)
vishtasp
Private

Postby Ahreeman X » Thu May 19, 2005 3:52 pm

Hello Vishtasp

"First off, I would like to know if Kevin Spacey's film "Beyond the Sea" has been circulated in Iran,"

What the hell do you think this place is? Online Encyclopaidia of Iranian Studies? Damn! Kids these days! You are lucky I am around to answer you!

Any movie which comes out on DVD in United States, a week later, a copy of it, will find its way to Iran & will be duplicated & mass distributed for rent or sale. Yes, this is illegal & yes it called Iranian Black Market DVD & CD Arena!

" second, if Bobby Darin's music is known in Iran. Thanks!"

All American Music is known in Iran better than its known in USA! Iranian youth are more Americanized than Americans themselves!

However, the type of music, you are requiring about is not as popular as Heavy Metal, Rock, Rap, Hip Hop & Disco in Iran. By a rare chance & accident, you are talking to someone who is a Musician, familiar with history of music, a fan of 30s/40s Jazz/Vocals; therefore, I understand what the hell you are talking about!

No, the average Iranian has no clue who the hell is Bobby Darin! Yet Ahreeman is a swinging type o guy who plays Blues Piano, does Ballroom Dance & listens to:

Male Artists such as: Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Dean Martin, etc.
Female Artists such as: Lee Wiley, Jo Stafford, Peggy Lee, etc.

Therefore, Ahreeman is familiar with the artist & movie that you are talking about!
:band:
PS: I have just got a new album by him. If you are into him, then I recommend these albums:

I. The Legendary Bobby Darin - compilation, 2004 Capitol Records
This is half Live, half Studio album. Live Feeds are from Vegas & Awesome.

II. The Swinging Side of Bobby Darin - 2005 Capitol Records
This is pure swing.

Welcome to IPC

Sign,
:pianoman:
Swingin X
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby vishtasp » Tue May 24, 2005 8:22 am

Hi AhreemanX: :D

I was wondering because I recently met a Pakistani who said this biopic on Bobby is being circulated on the black market in Pakistan. Yes, I've a couple of Darin's CD's and it's nice to meet an Iranian who's also familiar with Bobby.

Hi Cam! :D
vishtasp
Private

Return to Multimedia, Cinema, Theatre, TV, Music & Models Room