How to post in IPC (by IPC Standards)?

Post your comments or issues on IPC Club's Halls (Forum Groups) & Rooms (Forums) & express your opinion on their articles & other contents.

Moderator: Club Operations

Postby IPC » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:24 am

IPC has the highest standards.

Dear Members:

If you are posting your article or re-posting an article from another site, please preview it, before posting it. Do you read what you have posted? Make sure it is readable, looks good and comprehendible. Ask yourself: Is what you have posted, good enough to read? Would you go to a site and read your own post?

If your posts are sloppy, you will get a reputation of posting sloppy posts. After a while, no one will read your posts.

Examples

When you re-post an article or news from another site, and when you copy/paste the title, make sure Your title doesn't come out choppy. Make sure it is readable. Copy the article on a text editor (MS Word, IPC, etc.); edit it before you post it. Do not just copy/paste the article from the news, because there will be gaps between your paragraphs, there will be the word "Advertisement" (where ads used to be) in between your paragraphs, and your complete post will be distorted.

Originally this post was a disaster (no disrespect to Chris).

Example of a poor post:
(After edited by IPC Office)

Iranians hurl petrol bombs at Austrian embassy
viewtopic.php?t=771

The original topic, in news index page, said:
"anians hurl petrol bombs at Austrian embassy"
An = Feces

Where the poster meant
"Iranians hurl petrol bombs at Austrian embassy"
Iran = A Country

That's the result of a bad copy/paste job without rechecking.

The original text had large gaps between paragraphs (where photos used to be in the copied news piece). The original text had the word "Advertisement" in between paragraphs (where ads used to be in the copied news piece).

Sometimes your photos do not show (not in this example because there are no photos posted), because some sites write scripts on their photos (HTML), so they cannot be linked to other sites. Sometimes you did not properly link them. In all cases, the best thing to do is to preview your post before posting, also make sure your links work, and read your post after posting.

Example of an acceptable post:

Ahmadinejad is preparing to sanction the west!
viewtopic.php?t=728

Standard

Use this standard: Do you read your own posts? Are they good enough for you to read them? Would you read your posts on Internet? If not, then why would you assume, others will?

Dear Members, please have in mind that we have the highest standards in IPC. If you are going to post in IPC, then do it properly and make it readable and appetizing to read. Otherwise, you are only wasting memory space and no one will read your posts.

For more technical informaton on how to post in IPC, please click on "FAQ" link on top right corner of any IPC Club's page.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)?
http://www.iranpoliticsclub.net/club/faq.php

Post your messages in the proper Rooms & Halls
http://www.iranpoliticsclub.net/club/vi ... .php?t=131

If you must post in IPC, then do it right!

Regards,
IPC Office
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (English)
Pendare Nik, Goftare Nik, Kerdare Nik (Modern Persian)
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta (Avestan Persian)
IPC
General
General

Postby IPC » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:43 pm

Avoid Duplicate Posting

Posting the same post twice is duplicate posting.

Intentional duplicate posting
Sometimes, you post the same post in different threads. This is intentional duplicate posting.

Accidental duplicate posting
Sometimes, you post the same post twice in the same thread. This is accidental duplicate posting and it occurs because you do not have the patience to wait and see if your post went through, after clicking the post button! Instead of waiting for it to go through, you repost by re-clicking on the post button.

Policy
The duplicate posts will be deleted. If the duplicate poster keeps on doing duplicate posts (intentional or accidental), eventually the duplicate poster will also be deleted! You may ask why?

* Intentional duplicate poster is same as a spamer and we kill spamers.

* Accidental duplicate poster is too impatient and also too inconsiderate to delete his own duplicate posts. Either way, the Accidental duplicate poster is too ignorant to post in IPC, so he must also be killed!

There is a certain level of intelligence required to post in IPC!

Regards,
IPC Office
IPC
General
General

Postby Liberator » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:10 pm

I have this Turk spamming me (through PM system) about how Iranians are actually Turks! IT has sent me this same message at least 3 times now. Could the office please deal with this torke khar?

To: Liberator
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:55 pm
Subject: Important! Turk danger!

Hello Tat friend, Very Happy
but i am not Azeri,i am a Turk.
keyfim yaxşıdır,sağ ol,senin keyfin necedir ?
who are Azeris ? and where they are live ? and how many they ?
i have a different statistik information about iran.

Kurdish, Central [ckb] 3,250,000 in Iran.

Kurdish, Northern [kmr] 350,000 in Iran (1988 Stanzer).

Kurdish, Southern [sdh] 3,000,000 in Iran (2000 Fattah).

Laki [lki] 1,000,000 (2002 Fattah). Classification: Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Northwestern, Kurdish

All Kurds in Ä°ran-7.6 mln.

Farsi, Western [pes] 22,000,000 in Iran (1997).

All persians in Ä°ran-22 mln.

Azerbaijani, South [azb] 23,500,000 in Iran (1997). Population includes 290,000 Afshar, 5,000 Aynallu, 7,500 Baharlu, 1,000 Moqaddam, 3,500 Nafar 1,000 Pishagchi, 3,000 Qajar, 2,000 Qaragozlu, 130,000 Shahsavani (1993).

Khalaj, Turkic [klj] 42,107 (2000 WCD). Northeast of Arak in Central Province. Alternate names: Khalaj. Dialects: Not a dialect of Azerbaijani, as previously supposed. An independent language distinct from other extant Turkish languages (Doerfer 1971). Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Azerbaijani

Khorasani Turkish [kmz] 400,000 (1977 Doerfer). Northeast Iran, in the northern part of Khorasan Province, especially northwest of Mashhad.

Qashqa'i [qxq] 1,500,000 (1997). Southwestern Iran, Fars Province and Southern Kohgiluyeh va Boyerahmad Province. Shiraz, Gachsaran, and Firuzabad are centers. Alternate names: Qashqay, Qashqai, Kashkai. Dialects: Very close to Azerbaijani. Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Azerbaijani

All Azerbaijani Turks in Ä°ran-25.4 mln.

Arabic, Gulf Spoken [afb] 200,000 in Iran (1993). Southern coast; Khamseh nomads live in eastern Fars Province; other Arab nomadic groups in several southcentral provinces of Iran. Alternate names: Khaliji, Gulf Arabic. Dialects: Al-Hasâ, Khamseh. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic

Arabic, Mesopotamian Spoken [acm] 1,200,000 in Iran. Khuzestan Province, southwest side of Zagros Mountains, along the bank of the Shatt al Arab. Alternate names: Mesopotamian Gelet Arabic, `Arabi, Arabi. Classification: Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic

All Arabs in Ä°ran-1.4 mln (now they must be more than 1.7 mln)
All people Ä°ran-67.5 mln

Turkmen [tuk] 2,000,000 in Iran (1997). Northeast, mainly in Mazanderan Province, along the Turkmenistan border; important centers are Gonbad-e Kavus and Pahlavi Dezh. Alternate names: Torkomani. Dialects: Anauli, Khasarli, Nerezim, Nokhurli (Nohur), Chavdur, Esari (Esary), Goklen (Goklan), Salyr, Saryq, Teke (Tekke), Yomud (Yomut), Trukmen. Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Turkmenian

All Turkmens in Iran-2 mln.

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IR

Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby IPC » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 pm

The Turk has been sending a few to CA and Ahreeman too!

You need to tell him, if he has something to say, then say it in the club and not in the PM! Tell him if he keeps on PMing unwanted PMs, then his PM privileges will be removed.

But in a way, this is Bita's revenge! Do you recall that she complained to you about Joehohoho's annoying PMs to her? And you didn't do anything? Now Maday the Turk is getting Bita's revenge from you! Pay backs Lib, pay backs are a bi.....! :D

sins of the father (Amir)! \:D/
IPC
General
General

Another Trial?

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:32 pm

sins of the father (Amir)!

Wait a minute….what was my sin? Because the little shmuck is sending me the SAME private message as well. He sent to it me, and I just ignored the little donkey. I wasn’t really sure what his point was, or what he wanted from me. That topic is soooooooo yesterday! So I laughed, as I laugh at so many other idiots, and moved on.

You may have a point about people who send unfriendly and unwanted private messages. I believe that the realm of the PM may be quite different than the realm of the IPC forum, and subject to different laws. PM misuse may constitute harassment.

Perhaps another trial is in order? I just love courtroom drama, don’t you? But this time I won’t be the DC. I’m tired of defending scumbags and getting no appreciation or monetary compensation.

Johnnie’s on vacation….:jaccuzio:
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Chic Moda » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:32 am

8) Amir

Sins of the fathers, was just a metaphor used. It has nothing to do with you. Means what goes around, comes around to bite Lib on the butt! Lib the father sinned, so Lib the son is paying back, get it?

Maybe you got a point about PMs, because forum is public but PM is private and no one wants to get crap in their PMs.

Myself, I ignore people and push the delete button in my mail and PM. No matter how annoying and agitating it is to actually read Maday PMs or BK's posts in the club, yet I have the option and power to delete Maday's PMs and skip reading and ignoring BK's posts. Ignore them and that's the best policy! Ignore them and make them suffer!

People like Atusa, never allow net nuisance losers such as Maday, BK and others to get her mad. Atusa never grants the low lives, the upper hand. She just moves on to bigger and better things. Maybe all of us (You, Me, Shahrzad, Lib and others) can get less sensitive and more ignoring towards pests!

You don't want to be DC anymore? :shocked: But you're too talented to be Bailiff! :) Tough choice, you have been chosen the lifetime DC of IPC! You will defend low lives, scum bags, dirt bags, Koonis, Trannys and criminals of IPC for rest of your life! :thumbsup: :B

:pulp:
CA
Ahuramazda
Shahanshah
Iran-Zamin
Chic Moda
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

But they're too much fun to leave alone

Postby Amir » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:48 pm

Dear Chic Moda

Sins of the fathers, was just a metaphor used. It has nothing to do with you. Means what goes around, comes around to bite Lib on the butt! Lib the father sinned, so Lib the son is paying back, get it?

I knew it had nothing to do with me and everything to do with L. I just used the line to jump in the conversation.

Maybe you got a point about PMs, because forum is public but PM is private and no one wants to get crap in their PMs.

Hmmmm….Makes us think, doesn’t it?

Myself, I ignore people and push the delete button in my mail and PM. No matter how annoying and agitating it is to actually read Maday PMs or BK's posts in the club, yet I have the option and power to delete Maday's PMs and skip reading and ignoring BK's posts. Ignore them and that's the best policy! Ignore them and make them suffer!

People like Atusa, never allow net nuisance losers such as Maday, BK and others to get her mad. Atusa never grants the low lives, the upper hand. She just moves on to bigger and better things. Maybe all of us (You, Me, Shahrzad, Lib and others) can get less sensitive and more ignoring towards pests!

Absolutely. I completely agree with you. In fact, that’s what I initially did with Madgay…delete and ignore. But when I saw that he was doing this to multiple people, I couldn’t resist but have some fun with him.

As for TBK, he has yet to make me mad (or Madgay for that matter). When I respond to TBK, I only do it either to convey general information to the public, or because I like to make fun of him and do it as a hobby....or both.

In either case, such pests have neither the intelligence nor the talent to bother us or make us mad. While one policy of avoidance and ignoring may be wise and acceptable for some, I sometimes find the alternative policy of mocking and toying with the little rats more appealing. Sometimes I find them too much fun to pass up. :D

The only reason why I want TBK around is because he entertains me with his stupidity. If he actually got me mad I wouldn’t have fought to keep the little pet.

You don't want to be DC anymore? But you're too talented to be Bailiff! Tough choice, you have been chosen the lifetime DC of IPC! You will defend low lives, scum bags, dirt bags, Koonis, Trannys and criminals of IPC for rest of your life!

Oh great! Johnnie takes on one low life client, and all of a sudden he becomes IPC’s shit magnet.

Seriously, have you given any thought to my suggestion at instituting an entrance exam for new members of IPC prior to joining? I can help design the test if you’d like. I promise not to make it too difficult. :work:

Cheers to you CA
:hatsoff:

Public Defender Amir (aka Johnnie)
I am Dariush the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage

Naqshe Rostam
Amir
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Liberator » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:08 pm

IPC wrote:
You need to tell him, if he has something to say, then say it in the club and not in the PM! Tell him if he keeps on PMing unwanted PMs, then his PM privileges will be removed.

But in a way, this is Bita's revenge! Do you recall that she complained to you about Joehohoho's annoying PMs to her? And you didn't do anything? Now Maday the Turk is getting Bita's revenge from you! Pay backs Lib, pay backs are a bi.....! :D

To be fair my moderating capacity is limited to the board as I do not have any control over the PM system; otherwise I sure would make sure that this kind of behaviour is not tolerated - as I do believe this is another form of spam.

Ba Sepaas
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -J.F.K
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Postby IPC » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:49 pm

IPC
General
General

Return to Comments on IPC Club Room