Dialogue of Haj Maloun and Ron Price

Discuss various issues & post various subjects, not belonging in any other room, over here. Announce & discuss various cultural events, concerts, shows, plays, movies, seminars, poetry nights, dance parties, standup comedies, gatherings, reunions, soccer & sports events, Persian cuisine & fine dining, love & romance, relationships & marriage & all other general topics here.

Moderator: Club Operations

Dialogue of Haj Maloun and Ron Price

Postby Lawrence Of Persia » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:36 am

Okay Ron, here we are. :)
  • So there was a community of Baha'is in or near Burlington, Ontario in 1959.
  • Your mother, a tolerant, free-thinking person, brought you into contact with them.
  • At that time you were 15, the only Baha'i in your high school and the only teenage Baha'i in Burlington.
  • You were attracted by the informality, friendliness and home-oriented activities of the Baha'i community and the "many paths to God" orientation of the Baha'i religious philosophy.
Have I got it right?

Please tell me about the founder of the Baha'i religion and the essence of his teachings.

In 2008, on my travels back from San Diego to New Jersey, I visited an old high school (in Rhodesia) friend of mine in Chicago. He took me for a flight in his private plane and pointed out the Baha'i temple there. It was impressive. :)
HM
مرگ بر رهبر :skull:
آزادی برای ایران
Lawrence Of Persia
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Dialogue of Haj Maloun and Ron Price

Postby RonPrice » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:11 am

Belated thanks, Haj Maloun, for your post. I just saw it today nearly 4 years after you sent the post. I shall answer your question, if you are still around.-Ron
-------------------------------------------------------
Bahá'u'lláh(Arabic: "Glory of God"; 12 November 1817 – 29 May 1892), born Mírzá Ḥusayn-`Alí Núrí was the founder of the Bahá'í Faith. He claimed to be the prophetic fulfilment of Bábism, a 19th-century outgrowth of Shí‘ism, but in a broader sense claimed to be a messenger from God referring to the fulfilment of the eschatological expectations of Islam, Christianity, and other major religions. For more go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27u%27ll%C3%A1h For an outline of His teachings and His religion go to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith
married for 48 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer and editor for 16 with several books published on the internet--and a Baha'i for 56 years(in 2015)
RonPrice
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to General Discussions & Events Room