My Study of Islam

Describe & post the links to off site books & articles.

Moderator: Club Operations

My Study of Islam

Postby RonPrice » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:31 am

My webpage on Islam begins as follows:

Islam is the monotheistic religion articulated by the Qur’an, a text considered by its adherents to be the verbatim word of God, and the teachings and normative example (called the Sunnah composed of Hadith) of Muhammad, often considered by the adherents of Islam as the last Prophet of God. In addition to referring to the religion itself, the word Islam means 'submission to God,' 'peace', and 'way to peace'. An adherent of Islam is called a Muslim. Muslims believe that God is one and incomparable. Muslims also believe that Islam is the complete and universal version of a primordial faith that was revealed at many times and places before, including through the prophets Abraham, Moses and Jesus. Muslims maintain that previous messages and revelations have been partially changed or corrupted over time, but consider the Qur'an to be both unaltered and the final revelation from God. Religious concepts and practices include the five pillars of Islam, which are basic concepts and obligatory acts of worship, and following Islamic law, which touches on virtually every aspect of life and society, encompassing everything from banking and welfare, to warfare and the environment. For more of my webpage on Islam go to: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/Islam.html
married for 48 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer and editor for 16 with several books published on the internet--and a Baha'i for 56 years(in 2015)
RonPrice
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Internet Source Books & Articles Room