Famous Historical Persian Women (New)

Pre Islamic Era (before 651 AD). 8000 years of Persian History, the oldest civilization in the world.

Moderator: Club Operations

Postby Ahreeman X » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:50 pm

Revised & Updated on November 26, 2005

Persians, Patriots, Friends and Comrades:

My word is particularly with you, The Persian Woman,

The purpose of this article is specifically for the Persian youth and then the Persians in general, to know their valuable historical Persian Women. The youth shall be aware of their rich & glorious history. Women in Ancient Persian Empire were valuable beings; they often had important positions in the Courthouse, Ministries, Military, State Department, and other official administrations. Later on, during the First Arabo_Islamic Invasion_Occupation (651 AD), some of the Persian Women gathered Commando & Guerrilla armies, & some associated with their fellow men, combining the resistance forces against the foreign oppressor.

Those brave Persian Women with cooperation of their brave male partners, had managed to free Iran from the "First Arabo_Islamic Invasion_Occupation" (651 AD). The sacrifices of Iranian men & women, under the leadership of Yaqub Leis Saffarid, the son of a simple Ironsmith, had freed Iran on 873 AD and ended 222 years of Arabo_Islamic occupation (651 AD - 873 AD) of Iran. Now we are once agian under the occupation. Do you have what it takes to end the "Second Arabo_Islamic Invasion_Occupation" (1979 AD) of Iran?!

It is essential for the Persian Women to know & understand their glorious history of the past, because without it, they will not be able to plant their place in the future of Iran. Young Iranian ladies shall understand that they were not born as second rate citizens, yet this is an Islamic present to the Iranian women! Islam had made an abomination out of proud Persian women!

This article is also for the viewers to observe & compare/comparison the value of the Persian women in the past & the present insult & oppression of the Islamic Regime towards them. Imagine @ a certain era women in Iran were wisely running the country, yet @ the present, they practically count as properties of men, legally they count as half of men in all legal documents, physically they should be wrapped in bondage of hejab & chador, so the men will not be sexually turned on (ultimate Islamic male chauvinism)! Technically, according to Quran, women were originally created from a rib bone of the man! Women cannot attend certain important positions such as judicial, military, etc., for the reason that they are not completely alert @ all times! This is due to the reason that they go through the monthly cycle, & PMS! During this period, they cannot & are not qualified to run sever political positions in the government, religion, judicial, military, etc.

Islamic Scholars have went as far as calling women "Naqes ol Aql" (Mentally Retarded)! Islam clearly states that women are second rate citizens! They must be manhandled, owned, protected, well covered, safe kept & if not obedient, then must be beaten by firm hands of muslim men!

Women of Iran, once upon a time, you were Queens, ministers, secretaries of state, Generals, & Admirals, & Empress of the land, yet now you are petty slaves, properties, & sub human wrapped in bondage of hejab, looking like crows or penguins! Isn't it time to wake up? The day will come for the women of Iran to put things right, that will be the day that the Mullahs shall be afraid of the sweet revenge .....

Persian Woman, you were not born incarcerated behind the Chador and Lachak! The day will come for you to burn the chador and lachak; therefore, you can regain your status as a Persian Woman. Look @ what you were and what you are! This is your wake up call!

Observe the beautiful names & deep meanings of the Persian names, then review a few female Arabic names & check the silly, superficial meanings of them in encyclopedia, you be the judge!
Here are the results of my research, hope you enjoy.

Historical and Famous Persian Women
(The meaning of the names are in parenthesis.)

1. Doqdu (selected)
Mother of Zartosht Spantman (Zarathustra Spitmata), the Persian Philosopher/Prophet.

2. Hovi (owner of the fine cattle)
Devoted wife of Zartosht Spantman.

3. Chista (intelligent)
The wise daughter of Zartosht Spantman, great preacher of Zoroastrianism.

4. Mandana (eternal)
Wife of Cambysis, mother of Cyrus the Great (the 1st Persian Emperor & the writer of the first declaration of human rights in the globe, named The Cyrus Cylinder).

5. Amitis (wise friend)
Shahbanu of Iran, daughter of Astiak shah of Mad (The Median King), Wife of Cyrus the Great.

6. Atusa (beautiful body)
Shahbanu of Iran, wife of Darius the Great, daughter of Cyrus the Great, mother of Xerxes the Great (Kheshayar Shah).

7. Esther (Star)
Shahbanu of Iran, wife of Xerxes.

8. Pantea (strong & immortal)
Commander of the Immortal Guards, Achaemenids Dynasty. An important & sensitive military commander of Cyrus the Great, wife of General Aryasb the Achaemenid's Arteshbod (General).

9. Artunis (true & faithful)
Commander of Achaemenid's Army, daughter of Artebaz, Sepahbod (Lieutenant General) of Darius the Great. She was a mighty brave woman.

10. Pari Satis (angel-like)
Arteshbod (General) of Achaemenid's Army, wife of Darius the Second.

11. Mahruyeh (pretty face)
Shahbanu (Queen) of Iran, wife of Cambysis (Kambujiye) the Second.

12. Amestris (friend)
Achaemenid's military commander, daughter of Darius the Second.

13. Aspas (guard of strength)
Commander of Achaemenid's police, daughter of Ardeshir the Second.

14. Artemis (the great speaker of truth)
Artemis or Artemisia, The legendary Grand Admiral & leader of the Persian Navy during Xerxes, Xerxes' great love. A great powerful, independent & intelligent woman.

15. Sissy Cambis (fortunate)
Queen Mother, mother of Darius the Third, she was a remarkable Achaemenid woman who fought, resisted & did not surrender to Alexander the drunk, an epileptic, delusional, alcoholic, homosexual, megalomaniac Macedonian Tyrant. Alexander was very much found of her & had a crush on her!

16.Roxanna (very bright & beautiful)
Princess of Achaemenid, daughter of Darius the Third.

17. Estatira (Creation of the stars)
Sepahbod Princess (Lieutenant General) of Achaemenid's Army, daughter of Darius the Third.

18. Youtab (unique)
Commander of Achaemenids' Army, sister of the legendary Persian Hero, Aryobarzan (Achaemenid's General), she stood side by side to her brother & fought the Greeks & Macedonians to death.

19. Artadokht (Truthful girl)
Secretary of Treasury during Ardavan the Fourth of Ashkanids Dynasty.

20. Sura (Flower Face)
One of the Greatest Heroines of Persian History, A strategical & Military Genius. Ashkanid's General, Sepahbod (Lieutenant General) of Ashkanid Empire, daughter of Ardavan the Fifth, father's right hand.

21. Azarmidokht (Youthful girl)
Empress of Iran, daughter of Khosrow Parviz, ruled Iran after her sister Purandokht, Sassanid Dynasty.

22. Purandokht (Sexy & beautiful girl)
Empress of Iran, Older sister of Azarmidokht, older daughter of Khosrow Parviz, ruled Iran.

23. Shirin (sense of sweetness)
Shahbanu of Iran, wife of Khosrow Parviz Sassanid.

24. Parin (same as an angel)
Sassanid Princess, daughter of Qobad, Counselor of the Sassanid Courthouse, extremely intelligent politician.

25. Turandokht (Turanian girl)
Sassanid Princess, daughter of Khosrow Parviz, sister of Azarmidokht & Purandokht.

26. Golandam (flower body)
Shahbanu of Iran, wife of Bahram Gur Sassanid.

27. Zand (precious)
Wife of Khosrow Anushirvan Sassanid, niece of Bahram Chubin the Sassanid General.

28. Apranik (daughter of elder)
Sassanid's Great Military Commander, daughter of Piran, the great General of Yazdgird the Third. She fought gracefully, as a resistance commander, fighting against Arabo_Islamic Invaders_oppressors during the Arab Invasion, killed many of the Tazis & done many damages to the Savage Arab Army.

29. Negan (good destiny)
A freedom Fighter Leader, A Guerrilla Commander during Sassanids & after the occupation, one of the major resistance fighters of Iran against the Arab Invasion.

30. Banu (Lady)
Wife of Babak Khoramdin (Persian Legendary Freedom Fighter), she fought side by side to her husband Babak. After the occupation of Iran by the Arab Hounds, Banu & Babak worked as revolutionary resistance fighters leading the Persian Resistance Militia. She fought to the end.

31. Buran (Pretty)
The Persian Prime Minister of the Islamic Empire during Caliphate Ma'mun of Abbassids, Buran was the wise Wazir during the occupation of Iran by Arab oppressors, She was daughter of Hassan Sahl, she has done many goods for the Persians & Persian status under the occupation of Caliphate.

32. Azad (Free)
Daylami Guerrilla Commander, a partisan leader from north Iran, who fought for many years with her band of freedom fighters against the Arab Oppressors, during the Occupation era.

Persian, name your children Persian.
Persian, live Persian, love Persian and Die a Proud Persian

This brings us to the end of our research, may this document shed some light to the truth seekers & the bright minds of Iran.

Iranian women, think for a second,
Think about who you were then!
Think about who are you now?
You shall arise,
Once again, such as The Phoenix (Qoqnos), you shall arise from the ashes of defeat, oppression, Islamic slavery & suffocation. Once more, you shall break the chains of Islam from your hands & feet. Once again, you shall dump the Arabo_Islamic book of slavery (Quran) in Dumpster of history! Once again you shall gain your status next to the proud Persian men. Iranian women, my words are with you, never surrender, never accept leash of Islamic slavery, never accept your status as one of the many temporary (Siqeh) wives or one of the four permanent (Aqdi) wives of a Muslim chauvinist Male Pig! You are not Siqeh, Aqdi or Concubines, but you are proud Persian women.

Young Iranian woman,
Your place is high in the skies of Persia,
Your place is not by the foot of a Muslim man, as a lap dog!
Arise and break the Arabo_Islamic Chain of slavery,
Arise and regain your lost "Persian Prestige",
Arise and once more, regain your humanity!
You are a proud Persian Woman.

Woman, Stand Up Now!

I want you to right @ this moment, go out & stand in the middle of the streets of Iran or exile, tell yourselves, you are proud Persian women, then shout it from the top of your lungs:

"I am a proud Persian Woman,
I will break the chains,
Hear me roar, Hear me roar!"

I promise you, The Resistance will be victorious.

Many are schooled, yet only a few are truly educated!

Pure Persian Pride

Dr. X
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby Liberator » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:16 pm

Woman, Stand Up Now!

I want you to right @ this moment, go out & stand in the middle of the streets of Iran or exile, tell yourselves, you are proud Persian women, then shout it from the top of your lungs:

"I am a proud Persian Woman,
I will break the chains,
Hear me roar, Hear me roar!"

I promise you, The Resistance will be victorious.

Many are schooled, yet only a few are truly educated!

Pure Persian Pride

=D>

Here's a nice picture of Iranian Female Warriors prior to the coming of the allahic disease!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/aryamehr11/AncientIranianWomenWarriors.jpg

Ba Sepaas
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -J.F.K
Liberator
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Family name of Zoroaster

Postby alimostofi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:15 am

The official name of Zoroaster is written in English as Spitama or Spitaman, which is linked to the word Sepeedaman in Persian, meaning white or pure.

Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
alimostofi
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Family name of Zoroaster

Postby alimostofi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:52 am

... what about the second part of the name "man", what does it mean?

It means belonging to.

alimostofi
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Ahreeman X » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:40 am

Ali Aqa :intellectual: :

Eradat darim qorban, hale sarkar khube?
Shoma bazam az London "Angosht" resundid?!

"The official name of Zoroaster is written in English as Spitama or Spitaman, which is linked to the word Sepeedaman in Persian, meaning white or pure."

Ali Aqa, once again, Liberator with his huge (but interesting) photos & huge signature, has stretch the width of a topic, so evey post is stretched & I am getting "Eye Problems" & "Finger Problems" (direction buttons) going from left to right, back & forth, reading the posts! If you allow Liberator, the width of his posts will go all the way from San Diego to Sweden! Damn Haj Viking!

OK lets stop talkning behind Liberator's back! Enough about Liberator. Lets Roll,

This is the historical fact:

Spitama (Ancient Persian) => Spitman (Persian) => Espitmata (Greek) => Spitmata (Western)

So in English it is:

Spitmata (as I said) & not Spitama (as you said)!

So those officials who officially write it as "Spitama" in English, are in fact writing it in Ancient Persian & not English; therefore, "Be Kun-e Anabishun Mikhandan"! I say patooyee to those officials & I smoosh them under by black leather boots made in Nazi Germany! :sarcas:

But then again, you can always start another argument with me on:

if it pronounces "Patooyee" or "Patuyi", no?!

Originally in my article, I wrote:

Espantman (Persian) & Espitmata (English)

Above are the way Persian Zoroastrian Fire Temples pronounce it (Irani Accent).

Only because of your remark, & to make you partially happy, I changed them to:

Zartosht Spantman & Zarathustra Spitmata, (check the article)

But I shall refuse to give you the pleasure of "Full Happiness" by a total change to:

Spitama

Therefore, suffer Ali, suffer deep, suffer in anticipation for a name change, suffer in London! No, you cannot get your way. It is true that you are a Zoroastrian Scholar Astrologist, but still you will not get your way. What makes you think, you are correct on Zoroastrianism @ all times & everyone must correct themselves & adopt it to your say?!

And you are assuming that I will fully give in? Hell no! I will partially give in to make you happy but not fully! Why should I give in? God Damn Iranian-English sitting in London, expressing their intellectualism with their snobbish British Accent to the globe! On 1776, we kicked your ass out of here & that was the begining of the decline of the empire which sun would never set in it! We are Damn Yankees & our word rules the world. So get used to it & for Ahuramazda's sake, I won't fully change it only because I want you to sit behind your monitor in London, "Dandun Qoruche Beri" o "Hers Bokhori" o "Fohsh Bedi"! :boilingmad:

I want you to suffer Ali, because I will not fully change it thus Ahreeman is beyond wrong or right, thus Ahreeman is the Beyonder & the Essense of Truth! :firedvl:

And stop fingering all the way from London! How long is your index finger? Why are you reaching your finger all the way from London to San Diego? That's one hell of a long finger! Angosht nakon! :fingering:

Now in the past, from this article:

Zoroastra & Zoroastrianism, The Real Story
http://iranpoliticsclub.net/club/viewtopic.php?t=351

I wrote this piece in the Zoroastrian Room:

"The Meaning of The Name

Zoroaster, is a Greek term of the name Zartosht. Zarathushtra, which means, in ancient Persian, "yellow camel."

Zarathushtra = zara (yellow or gold) + ushtra (Ushtor, Shotor, Camel).
So
Zarathushtra = Referred to as "The Owner of the Gold Camel" or "The Golden Camel"

Animals such as camels and horses were essential and even sacred to the people of Zarathushtra's Era and thus a name containing one of these animals marks a person as important. A similar naming practice occurred among the ancient Greeks where names containing "-ippos" or horse denoted high birth, such as Philippos (lover of horses), Aristippos (best horse), or Xanthippos (yellow horse). So as you see, it is not a put down to call Zarathushtra, the Golden Camel or Owner of the Golden Camel.

The later Hierarchy and Bureaucracy of The Zoroastrian Fire Temples, perhaps embarrassed by their prophet's primitive-sounding name, stated that the name meant "The Golden Light," deriving their meaning from the word zara (gold) and the word ushas (light or dawn).

There is no doubt about Zarathushtra's clan name, which is Spitama - perhaps meaning "white."

Spitama = White or White Race or White man

So:

Zarathushtra Spitama = The White Man who owns The Golden Camel
or
Zarathushtra Spitama = The Golden Camel of The White

The Evolution - Transformation of the Zarathustra's name

Through the history of Persian Language,
Pahlavi Avestai
Pahlavi Sassanid
Colonial Persian
Modern Persian

the name has transformed:

Zarathushtra (Ancient Persian) => Zartosht (Persian) => Zoroaster (Greek) => Zarathustra (Western)

Spitama (Ancient Persian) => Spitman (Persian) => Espitmata (Greek) => Spitmata (Western)

Zarathustra's Family

Zarathushtra's father was named Pouruchaspa (many horses) and his mother was named Doqdu or Duqdova (milkmaid).

Zarathustra is said to have had six children, three boys and three girls. This is not confirmed as history, because the number, equals of the six Amesha Spentas (Amshaspanadan Angels) and may be only symbolism. Gatha is supposedly composed for the marriage of Zarathustra's daughter "Pouruchista" (Great Wisdom) so he is known to have had at least one child. Zarathustra, in the legends, had three wives (in sequence) of whom the last was Huvi (Hovi or Hvovi meaning Prime Cattle or owner of fertile cattle) the daughter of King Vishtasp's prime minister. Zarathustra married into the king's court; Pouruchista, in turn, married the prime minister of the court."

And if you don't approve, then by all means, I say Patooyee to you & I want you to:

Suffer Ali, suffer all the way in London, I enjoy seeing you suffer behind your monitor :furious: , cause I am not changing it!

PS:
No more News & Commentary? Let me tell you how observant is Ahreeman. On your last News/Commentary piece, you posted the commentary as the first part & the news as the second part of the post. Liberator, saw the first part (commentary) & did not bother to read the second part (News), so he moved your post from the News Room to Iran room! But then again you have a history of posting in wrong rooms, how can you blame Liberator?! So even though you posted in right room, yet still your post has been moved, due to the "Boy who cried wolf Syndrome"! Hee Hee Hee ...............

Hey what can I say, you know, how in business, the customer is always right?Well in IPC, the Moderator is always right! Its an IPC tradition!

And that's how Observant is Ahreeman,
He who owns Digital Memory!
Ahreeman sees All, thus Ahreeman is everywhere!

Give my regards to Tony Blair. I am keen on him!
Ahreeman Bless you & Queen Elizabeth!

Ahreeman Bless

Sign,
:firedvl:
Sadist X
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

keep it simple

Postby alimostofi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:05 am

I will not react to your personal remarks. It seems to be a footnote in any conversation with you. Thank goodness I know your astrology, so it all makes sense to me, Karakatoa!

One line of your thought is partially right, who cares about the rest of the world. To counter that thought you need to think of this. If you took Sir Henry Rawlinson, and RC Zaehner, and then Mary Boyce out of Iranian studies, you are pretty much left with Ehsan Yarshater and some Parsis, and the Semetic scholars. So we are stuck with the fonts and the words of the English language. And they all use Spitama or Spitaman. Google it and you will see it has a lot more hits than yours.

But ironically, the meaning everyone who is not into astrology, gives to the name of Spitaman, is wrong. Now you should know a little about Astrology. You should know about the sign Pisces, and the energy associated with it. In Persian we call it Esfand. Sepandarmarzi or the ability to be self-less is what the energy of Pisces or Esfand is all about. Spitama or whatever spelling you want to use must reflect this.

You may want to waffle on about the Greeks or the Romans, but none of the historian were Astrologers, and none of them gave two hoots about Astrology. So they were not at all interested or aware of the true roots of the name.

And this is true for most of the interpretations of the Zend-Avesta and the cosmology of Ancient Iran. I am afraid your views and almost all of the present day "historians" is irrelevant from an Astrological perspective.

I hope you can give a sensible answer back, but I really cannot see how, because you know absolutely nothing about Astrology, and do not even consider worthy of attention just like the rest of the world.

alimostofi
Corporal
Corporal

Postby alimostofi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:27 pm

it is actually a preposition found at the end of words

consult a good dictionary like the one by steingass

alimostofi
Corporal
Corporal

Postby alimostofi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:13 pm

That's right I am not your Mr Talking Dictionary wise guy. Sometimes you need to just do the reading yourself to find the real meanings in your life. Go and buy Steingass, it is huge and the best Persian dictionary ever. But it is not cheap. Your local library might not even have it.

alimostofi
Corporal
Corporal

Postby alimostofi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:02 pm

Going back to the topic, I just found this old link

http://tehran.stanford.edu/Information/ ... names.html

alimostofi
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Ahreeman X » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:18 pm

Ali Aqa:

I am only writing you this note, because I care enough about you, to leave you this note!

Please allow me to tell you about the:

"Cane Up The Butt Iranian Society O Dinosaurs"

I do not know what is your present "Emotional State", maybe due to some incident, you are in a bad mood; therefore, it is not wise to communicate with you @ this moment. You can research, scientifize & justify astrology to prove to yourself that it is a science, & if so, I do not know if you have totally psycho-analyzed me & my psyche or not, but let me be frank with you & I am telling you this as a friend:

I believe life is a game & we are only players of this game. We are chess pieces on the board. Life is too short; therefore, I want to live it up. I want to live this short life of mine in full, you can keep the afterlife & reincarnation! Life is too short to waste it on Persian Superficial Flatteries, Persian Superficial Prestige, Selling Intellectual Talks, Being Snobbish, Being Stuck-up, Superficial Proper Persian Manners, Touchy Feely Behavior, Emotional Tantrums, Being Ultra Sensitive, Acting Superior & looking down to others as Inferiors, swallowing a cane or having a cane stuck up in the rectum! In other words, life is too short to be an In-tell-egg-chew-all!

If you know me by now, then you do know that I am not proper, I am not formal, I am humorous, I am easy going, I am friendly, I do not double talk, I do not care for fake Persian traditions, I do not care for Persian mainstream attitude & behavior, & basically what you see is what you get! I talk behind your back, the same way that I talk in your face. I lead one life, not Persian double life!

I cannot deal with people who have a cane stuck up their butt! That is why I do not care for Persian wanna be Authority Figures & Leaders of this community. I do not need nor do I care to respect any baseless, empty & fake Iranian with the facade of a three-piece suit. The only thing I respect is people's brains.

I care to communicate with warm, hot blooded, exciting, down to earth & humorous folks.

I told you long ago that I enjoy your character, style & knowledge; however, it seems to me that presently, you have lost your sense of humor & friendliness. Actually it seems like you are in state of PMS.

I cannot communicate or deal with Iranians who have PMS, Attitude Problems, Complex, & have no sense of humor! That is why I cannot communicate with members of Jebhe Meli Iran or Stuck Up Fake & Superficial Monarchists.

I still would enjoy communicating with you, yet first I am hoping for you to get over your PMS. I hope your problems be solved, everything turns out fine & you overcome your PMS!

Once you get a smile on your face & take the cane out of your buttocks, then we can communicate, or else; you can join the long list of Iranian Snobs, which I cannot communicate with!

I certainly hope that your recent behavior is due to a personal incident or problem, thus I hate to see you've joined the Chip on the shoulder Iranians or the:

"Cane Up The Butt Iranian Society O Dinosaurs"!

As I have said:
I am only writing you this note, because I care enough about you, to leave you this note! Otherwise, I would have ignored your face, the same as I do to many other Iranians! I like you too much to hit you with my final post!

Take a Chill Pill Buddy,
Come back & talk to me with a smile on your face.
Life is too short!

More power to Mostofi ol Mamalek

Adios

Sign,

Your Family Doctor
Watcher in the woods
Ahreeman X
General 5 Star
General 5 Star

Postby alimostofi » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:48 am

AhreemanX

I read your comment, trying to see if there was anything relevant to this topic, and found none. I would give you a proper scoulding if I did not know that you are trying to be funny.

alimostofi
Corporal
Corporal

Postby IPC » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:58 pm

Famous Historical Persian Women

New Version with many illustrations

Persian Woman,
Do you know who you were?
Do you know who you are?
Do you know these greats?

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/history/historical-women/

Regards,
IPC Office
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (English)
Pendare Nik, Goftare Nik, Kerdare Nik (Modern Persian)
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta (Avestan Persian)
IPC
General
General

Return to Persian Empire Room